CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Still Hanging Around!

OK...so I was stoked after my nice buck kill last weekend. I mean, I have hunted all year long and finally got a chance at a nice buck in December...one I knew was there all along! However, he was not the big one I have been hunting. The nicest buck I have seen on camera this year is a dandy 8 pt that I think would easily score 125 or higher...but I have never been great at eyeballing B&C scores so I wouldn't really want to speculate. I caught him on my trail camera from August 23 at the exact same stand that I killed the buck out of last weekend, Dec 14. I hadn't seen any more sign of him since...until this week! I just got back from Richfield where I corned up the stands for a hunt tomorrow with Brian Miller of Baltimore, Md. Brian is the husband of one of Jennifer's friends that she grew up with in Beaufort, Jodie Bush. I set up a new blind in a great area, and had a camera at that stand all week. I corned up and checked the camera-Well the big guy had decided to visit this area over the week! Unfortunately, my camera is acting up so the date and time is incorrect...but at least I know he is still Hanging around! Perhaps we'll get one more shot at him before the end of the season!



Nice Buck from August 24


He's Still Around!

0 comments: