CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Visit with my Grandmother

I don't usually blog about things other than guy stuff-you know, football, hunting, golf, etc. However, I've recently been faced with a difficult challenge in the declining health of my grandmother, Leona York of Statesville, NC. My mother's mom, she has been a significant part of my life for as long as I can remember. She was a great cook in her day, and a sweet Christian lady. I took this past Friday off and traveled to North Carolina to visit with her. She has been moved to a nursing center which is traumatic enough, due to her lack of eating. It was a very tiring day to drive over 9.5 hours in a day along with the visit, but it went well and I'm so glad I went. These times are precious. Please continue to pray for her health and for our family as we cope with her illness.




My Grandmother, "Tam"


Tam looking happy

0 comments: