CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Arrowhead!

I had some work-related stuff to do yesterday morning, so I didn't get a chance to chase the longbeards off the roost, but I was able to slip away for a few hours in the afternoon-so I loaded up the buggy and headed up to the farm. I didn't have any luck...saw a couple of birds, but could not get a good hunt going. However, I was walking down one of the sandy roads and looked down (I am always looking for artifacts!), and there half buried was a beautiful arrowhead in perfect condition! I also found a native american tool of somekind about 40 yds from the arrowhead about 2 weeks ago. I think all of the rain we've had unearthed this treasure-a really neat find for an otherwise uneventful hunt-



The turkey hunting for me has been slow, since the opening day experience, I've had very little action...meaning, I haven't even heard a gobble! There is turkey sign all over theproperty, and i've taken some great hunters along with me, as well. Birds are just lock-jawed, I guess. I've seen a few turkeys here and there, but it's really been slow. I haven't been in the morning in over a week, and won't be able to go until next Saturday, but hopefully I'll have better luck then.

0 comments: