CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Woodies!


My neighbor and friend Kevin McGuire and I decided to try to chase the wood ducks one more time for 2010 this past Saturday. We traveled up to Rick DeLong's place in Gillisonville, SC to hunt some flooded timber. Man, was it flooded! The rain was coming down (as it had been all night) and it was a cool 44 degrees-most would call that good Duck Hunting weather, but I must admit more than a few times I couldn't help but think about that warm bed where I left my wife as I got up at 4:45am and hunt in the cold, wet rain for what...remind me again...a lousy duck? :)

Although the weather wasn't the best for my taste, the ducks didn't seem to mind and began flying a little later than ususal, about 5 minutes after legal shooting time. We had a good hunt and killed a few nice Drakes. Afterwards Rick's wife prepared a really nice breakfast awaiting us after the hunt and we ate while drying off by the fire. A nice way to end the season!


Nice Pair of Lowcountry SC Wood Duck Drakes!

0 comments: