CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 3, 2010

OffShore!

Ok, so living on the coast does have its advantages...like getting a call from your buddy in the middle of the week offering you a seat on a 28 foot Grady White for a day of offshore fishing action this coming weekend...can you go?
Well it just so happened that I could oblige-only 1 small problem-We were leaving the dock at 3:30 am!
All guys know that there are some things worth sacrificing for, and an offshore trip is one of those, so while 3:30am was early(and I mean EARLY), I met the challenge and was actually excited to do so.
We left the the Boathouse on Skull Creek and headed out for our destination, about 70-80 miles off the coast-The water was awesome all day, seas 1-2 but if I saw a 2 all day I don't remember it!
I joined the trip with Capt. Ed Brown, my buddy Evan Jeffords, and his dad who was in town from Florence.
We had a great day of fishing, the seas were good, the company was good, the beer was cold, but the fish were scarce! We all had enough to take home 1 meal each, so while it was an expensive meal, it was a great day and reminded me why living on the SC coast is so awesome!




What a beautiful Morning on the way to the Gulfstream!


Sunrises like this are hard to come by!


Nice "Peanut" Mahi





0 comments: